ATTENTION CUSTOMERS WITH @USACHOICE.NET EMAIL ADDRESSES
If you are going to use an email program such as Outlook Express there was an oversight in the instructions given on how to enter the Username or Account Name in your email program's settings. Rather than just changing it from your username to your entire email address you must also add cust after the @ sign; for example instead of firstname.lastname@example.org you must put in email@example.com - DO NOT change the Email Address field just the Username or Account Name field. Also please read the ENTIRE notice below as there are instructions for "Enabling POP Access" that you may have overlooked. Without the POP access enabled it will not work.
Another note; for those of you who choose to use strictly the new web mail. When you login you will see your email address listed on the upper right as @cust.usachoice.net. YOU WILL still be able to receive email being sent to your @usachoice.net address. To change what address appears on email you send out go to Settings on the upper right then Accounts and "Add another email address". Put in your regular email address without the cust part and click "Next Step". Then click on "Send Verifacation". You will immediately get a verifacation email. Click on the link it directs you to in the email to confirm the address, you will get a confirmation page. On that page click on the link to the right of "Return to your gmail account" go back to Settings then Accounts and click on "Make default" by the address you added.
Dear USA Choice Customer,
To address the ever increasing threat of spam and virus email traffic; We have established a partnership with google to provide our customers with an improved email service. Your current address at usachoice.net will be moving to this new service on June 19th, 2007. If you are a key-net.net, your email has already been moved to this new service. Please note that your email address WILL NOT change, just the way you access your email. This new service will provide free spam filtering, free virus scanning, increased storage (2GB total) and individual message sizes.
As part of this move, we have had to change your email account passwords to match the new password requirements of Google's server. You can change the password once you log into the new web mail by going to Settings on the upper right then Accounts and clicking on Change Password. Please note the new password must be 6 characters and you should write it down in case you forget it.
On June 19th, you will be able to reach your new webmail service by going to http://mail.cust.usachoice.net to login to your account. If you are one of our key-net customers, you can reach the webmail site by going to Enter your user name and password to login.
Many of you might prefer to simply use the new web mail site and not the email program you currently use. It has many advantages over your regular email program such as:
1) All emails are already scanned for viruses; attachments on emails are scanned both as they come in and as you open them; thus making your computer much safer.
2) For those of you who subscribe to several email newsletters or groups you can create what's called Labels (Folders) for each individual group then Filters to send emails from those groups directly to their own Folders thus making your email much more organized.
3) Greater control of your junk email. The new server automatically filters out junk email on the web mail site before you download it to your computer. You can in the web mail put a check by messages in your Inbox that you consider junk then click "Report Spam" and it will delete the message and eventually no longer allow it into your Inbox. Conversely you can go into your Spam folder and put a check by messages that are not spam that you want allowed through and click "Not Spam" and it will put it in your Inbox. PLEASE NOTE - IMPORTANT - This step should be done, at least for a while, whether you use web mail exclusively or continue to download to Outlook Express etc. This to train the new spam filter as to what you consider spam and what you do not as all accounts on the new server have spam filtering enabled. This cannot be changed.
4) It also has the advantage of grouping emails into Conversations. Meaning if someone emails you, you reply to that, and they in turn reply to you it groups them together.
If you would like to continue using your current mail client (for example Outlook Express or Netscape Mail), you will need to change some of the settings in that program. Instructions to do that are below. First however you will need to log into the new web mail site sing the address link, username, and password referenced in the email you received. Click on the Settings in the top right corner, then click on Forwarding and Pop. Under Option 1, set select "Enable pop for all mail". For Option 2 entitled "When messages are accessed with POP" select what you want the mail in the new web mail to do once you have downloaded a copy to your computer:
1) "Keep USA Choice's copy in the inbox" does exactly that, it leaves it in the Inbox
2) Archive saves the email to the "All Mail" folder on the left, removing it from the Inbox but still storing it in case you need to access it again.
3) Delete USA Choice's copy again does what it says, it deletes it permanently from the web mail once you download it.
Next you will need to change the settings on for your email client. Select the email program you use for directions on how to configure it.
Outlook 2002 and newer (Windows)
Outlook Pre 2002, Outlook Express, and Vista Windows Mail (Windows)
Outlook 2002 and older (Mac)
Eudora 5.1 and newer (Windows)
Mozilla 1.7 (Windows)
If you experience any problems or need assistance, please contact our friendly Technical Support team at 1-877-872-6382. Our support hours are Monday - Friday 9am-9pm and Sat 10am-3pm.
USA Choice Internet
USA Choice Internet Services, LLC
All Rights Reserved